Williams College Chemistry & Mathematics B. A. 1970
Princeton University Chemistry Ph. D. 1975
2003 – 2009 DuPont Fellow, DuPont Central Research Department
1995 – 2003 Senior Research Fellow, DuPont Central Research Department
1992 – 1995 Research Fellow, DuPont Central Research Department
1975 – 1992 Member of the Research Staff, DuPont Central Research Department
1. “Planar Array Infrared (PAIR) Spectrograph that operates in the 3400 to 2000 cm-1 Region”, D. Elmore, M. Tsao, B. Chase and J. Rabolt, Applied Spectroscopy 2002, 56, 145
2. “New Developments in Planar Array (PA-IR) Spectroscopy”I. Pelletier, C. Pellerin, D. B. Chase, and J. F. Rabolt, , Applied Spectroscopy, 2005, 59(2), 156-163.
3. “A Faster Approach to Infrared Rheo-Optics using a Planar Array Infrared Spectrograph”, C. Pellerin, S. Frisk, J.F. Rabolt, D.B. Chase, Applied Spectroscopy 2004, 58(7), 799-803.
4. “Acquisition of Mid-Infrared Spectra from Non-Repeatable Events with Sub 100µs Temporal Resolution Using Planar Array Infrared (PA-IR) Spectroscopy”, C. M. Snively, C. Pellerin, J. F. Rabolt and D. B. Chase, Analytical Chemistry 2004, 76(7), 1811-1816.
5. “Development of a Planar Array Infrared Reflection Spectrograph for Reflection-Absorption Spectroscopy of Thin Films at Metal and Water Surfaces”Y. S. Kim, C. M. Snively, J. F. Rabolt, D. B. Chase, , Applied Spectroscopy, 2007, 9, 916-920.
Honors and Awards: Delaware Valley Spectroscopist of the Year (1980)
Meggers Award (1986 ,with T. Hirschfeld)
IR100 Award (1986, with T. Hirschfeld)
Williams Wright Award(1989)
EAS Gold Medal Award(1990)
ACS Delaware Valley Section Award(1991)
Spectroscopy Society of Pittsburgh Award(1994)
ACS Analytical Division Award in Spectrochemical
Anachem Award (2002)
EAS Award in Analytical Chemistry (2005)
Hasler Award (2007)
Synergistic Activities Instructor ACS short course (1990-2000)
"Spectroscopic Characterization of Polymers"
Instructor Bowdoin Summer IR Course (1999- present)
Adjunct Research Professor (1997- present)
Department of Materials Science
University of Delaware
Guest Researcher, NIST (1998-present)
Chair-Elect, Analytical Division, American Chemical Society (1999-2000)
Chair, Analytical Division, American Chemical Society (2000-2001)
NIH EBT Study Section (Permanent member 2008-2012)
NSF COV Chemistry (2007)
DOE COV BES (2008)
Collaborators and Co-Editors
John Rabolt, University of Delaware, Steve Strannick (NIST), Peter Griffiths ( Idaho)
Graduate AdvisorsPh.D. Advisor at Princton: Professor Donald McClure
Doctoral Students Graduated (at University of Delaware)
Jeannie Stephens Luna Innovations, Charlottesville, VA
Simon Frisk Research Staff, DuPont, Richmond VA
Julia Liu Research Staff, General Electric, Evansville, IN
Cheryl Casper Research Staff, DuPont, Wilmington DE
Steve Givens Research Staff DuPont Richmond VA
Danielle Rockwood, Postdoc, Tufts University, Boston
Masters Students Graduated (at University of Delaware)
Cherish Lesko (1998), Y. Dong (2000), Yin He (2003), Maghana Kakade (2005),
Zeuwen Li (2008)
Doctoral Students (at University of Delaware)
Carl Giller, Olga Hartmann, Young Kim, Kristin Sisson, Xianqiao Ma (all current)
Postdoctoral Scholars Sponsored (at University of Delaware)
Dr. Douglas Elmore (now w/ Cargill Corporation, Memphis), Dr. Christiana Kramer (currently employed in Germany), Dr. Sophie Riou, Dr. Silke Megelski (currently employed at DECHEMA in Germany), Dr. Christian Pellerin (Assistant Professor, Chemistry, University of Montreal), Dr. Isabelle Pelltier (Montreal), Dr. Chris Snively (Research Professor – MSE), Dr. Keun-Hyung Lee (currently in Japan) Dr. Andrea Pesapane (Visiting Postdoc, currently at Politecnico Milano).
PAIR Technologies LLC Responsibilities:
Chief Technical Officer – provide technical direction and design strategy for the development of a double beam PA-IR instrument.